Blank Rome LLP is looking for a User Support Analyst for the Houston Office. Qualified applicants can apply with the below and find the job summary, objectives and duties of the position at www.blankrome.com, careers, professional administrative staff, open positions.
The User Support Analyst (Level 2) is responsible for assisting Help Desk Technicians (Level 1) with escalations and technical diagnostics through phone, email and chat support, in order to resolve end user incidents and support requests. The User Support Analysts communicate with clients at all levels of technical and non-technical skill sets. Analysts also provide technical coaching and training as things change in the work environment. User Support Analysts receive elevated complex and/or high priority problems that Help Desk Technicians cannot resolve in a timely manner. User Support Analysts are responsible for escalating issues to the appropriate engineering groups (Level 3) for resolution if necessary. User Support Analysts diagnose and troubleshoot end user desktop application issues and provides appropriate solution. They follow-up with end users to provide status updates as per service level guidelines (SLA’s). In addition, the User Support Analyst will partner with other Technology team members and groups to provide on-site assistance and coordination for application deployments, videoconference meeting preparation, data center maintenance, and investigation of security related reports on equipment and virus scans. The Analyst must ensure that all reported incidents and interactions are recorded in the Firm’s service management platform, Service Now. This is a highly visible and relied-upon position, and the Analyst serves as a key interface in satisfying users’ and clients’ technology needs.
- Respond to requests for technical assistance via in person, via phone, and electronically (email or video.)
- Diagnose and resolve technical hardware, software, VoIP phone, and smartphone issues.
- On-site representative and contact for technology vendor appointments.
- Setup, testing, and delivery of meetings and conferences within the office.
- Track, route, and redirect problems to correct resources.
- Log all help desk interactions in the ticketing system.
- Follow up with customers, provide feedback, and see problems through to resolution, including escalated calls.
- Ensure proper recording, documentation, and closure of all end user help calls or requests.
- Prepare video conference and A/V equipment for meetings and troubleshoot connectivity issues as needed.
- Perform basic troubleshooting for data center equipment and network issues.
- Continuously review and maintain training materials and knowledge base used within the Help Desk and the creation of new subject areas.
- Mentor team members in areas of troubleshooting, customer service, and documentation.
- Assist in the training of newly hired Help Desk team members.
- Assist in the overall review of incidents and service requests to ensure correct solutions and adherence to process.
- Assist in daily/weekly/monthly performance reporting including analysis of key performance indicators and trends.
- Continuously review existing processes for areas of improvement and the development of new processes.
- Maintain technical knowledge of all supported products through training and hands on experience.
- Responsible for assisting in emergency procedures and assisting in coordination of resources to respond to those emergencies to assure system reliability.
- Available after business hours and weekends for system upgrades and planned maintenance.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- At least five years’ experience in information systems with specific concentration on PC oriented responsibilities.
- At least five years’ experience in IT call center environment.
- Working knowledge of fundamental operations of relevant software, hardware, and data center infrastructure.
- Knowledge and experience of customer service practices.
- Knowledge and training in ITIL (Information Technology Infrastructure Library) methodologies.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to problem solve in a high-pressure, deadline-oriented environment.
- Ability to work in a team and alone.
- Ability to use sound judgment, work independently, organize and prioritize, be detail oriented, and understand when urgency is required.
- Ability to reach out to other resources for assistance when appropriate.
- Ability to follow schedules, procedures, and processes.
- Willingness to be flexible with schedules, duties, technologies, and responsibilities in a changing work environment.
- Ability to explain complex and technical issues or procedures to the end users in a way end users understand.
- Demonstrated leadership skills.
- Advanced troubleshooting and multi-tasking skills in a fast-paced environment.
- Frequent repetitive use of wrists and hands while operating office equipment.
- Frequent lifting and movement of equipment; up to 25 pounds.
- Physical dexterity for installing new computer components.