Diamond McCarthy Careers website here
The Manager of Human Resources (“HR”) reports to the Firm’s Executive Director of Administration (“Administrator”). The HR Manager is responsible for providing overall management, implementation and communication of human resources activities related to the various offices of the Firm. The HR Manager will lead and direct the routine functions of the HR department and collaborate with the Administrator on the Firm’s overall goals, initiatives and business strategy related to staffing, recruitment and retention.
Duties & Responsibilities include (although may not be limited to) the following:
- Assists in developing, implementing, communicating and supporting the Firm’s overall human resources strategy and initiatives for all Firm locations.
- Manages recruitment of attorneys and staff and conducts new employee orientation and training.
- Manages performance issues and highly confidential employment and workplace matters, ensuring Firm policies are compliant with federal, state and city laws.
- Maintains knowledge of labor and employment laws, regulatory changes, HR best practices and trends.
- Oversees employee disciplinary meetings, terminations and investigations.
- Manages staff improvement plans and departures; counsels staff on performance matters and adherence to Firm policies.
- Partners with the Administrator on lawyer-related matters, including departures.
- Researches, analyzes and understands trends in non-attorney employee compensation and assists the Administrator in determining competitive compensation and other HR budget related items.
- Handles negotiation of fee agreements with employment agencies, ensuring all components are handled in accordance with the Firm’s best practices.
- Administers benefit programs such as insurance, PTO and 401(k) and maintains appropriate related records.
- Oversees time and attendance for staff and performs payroll processing for attorneys and staff. Ensures staff compliance with the Firm’s attendance policy and payroll timekeeping system; responds to lawyers and staff regarding payroll inquiries.
- Approves overtime requests and schedules overflow assistance, as necessary.
- Manages a well-trained, productive staff to deliver effective and efficient legal services to clients.
- Responds to inquiries regarding Firm policies, procedures and programs.
- Maintains confidentiality.
- Knowledge – displays thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations.
- Problem solving and conflict resolution – identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner, and gathers and analyzes information skillfully.
- Oral communications – speaks clearly and persuasively and able to provide positive feedback and/or constructive criticism in positive or negative situations, demonstrates strong group presentation skills and conducts productive and informative meetings.
- Delegation – delegates work assignments, gives authority to work independently, and sets expectations and monitors delegated activities.
- Leadership – inspires and motivates others to perform well, accepts feedback from others.
- Management skills – includes staff in planning, decision-making, facilitating improvement; makes self available to attorneys and staff; provides regular performance feedback; develops subordinates’ skills, and encourages growth.
- Quality management – looks for ways to improve and promote quality, and demonstrates strong attention to detail, accuracy and thoroughness.
- Judgment – displays willingness to make decisions in a timely manner, exhibits sound and accurate judgment.
- Planning/organizing – prioritizes and plans work activities, uses time efficiently and develops realistic action plans.
The above list of responsibilities for the Manager of Human Resources position is not intended to be all inclusive. Diamond McCarthy staff work as a team to properly and effectively support the Firm and all of its attorneys. Qualified candidates should submit their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org