HCA is dedicated to the growth and development of our colleagues. We will provide you the tools and resources you need to succeed in our organization. We are currently looking for an ambitious Controller to help us reach our goals. Unlock your potential here!
HCA Houston Healthcare is a full-service 266 bed hospital that provides a range of health services. It is recognized as a Certified Primary Stroke Center by the Joint Commission and, under an affiliation agreement with The Woman’s Hospital of Texas, brings to its community The Woman’s Hospital of Texas at West Houston, a three-story cardiac and critical care tower. The Sugar Land Cancer Center and the Sugar Land Diagnostic Center, departments with HCA Houston Healthcare West, are located on the Southwest Freeway at the Williams Trace and Sugar Lakes exit.
HCA Houston Healthcare West is affiliated with HCA Houston Healthcare, part of the HCA Healthcare Gulf Coast Division. The division is a comprehensive network of hospitals, outpatient surgery centers, emergency centers and diagnostic imaging facilities in greater Houston, Corpus Christi and South Texas. Facilities include: 17 hospitals, nine ambulatory care centers, 13 off-campus emergency centers, and a regional transfer center
At HCA, you have options. You can choose from a variety of benefits to create a customizable plan. You have the ability to enroll in several medical coverage plans including vision and dental. You can even select additional a la carte benefits to meet all your needs. Enroll in our Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP), 401k, flex spending accounts for medial and childcare needs, You may also participate in our tuition reimbursement and student loan repayment programs.
What You Will Do In This Role
Under the general supervision of the VP of Finance, the Controller directs the financial activities coincidental with defined Hospital policies and objectives. Directs the preparation of Hospital statistical reports, budgets, and financial reports.
- Coordinates provision of required services by outside sources in accordance with contracts or agreements approved by the Medical Staff and/or Hospital administration and strives for adherence to approved budget.
- Actively participates in the development of an annual operating budget by the Department in collaboration with Hospital Administration and strives for adherence to approved budget.
- Promotes the integration and coordination of Departmental functions with other Departments and Services within the Hospital through developing and implementing collaborative standards, participating in interdepartmental quality assessment and improvement activities and providing mechanisms to promote communication in the Department.
- Reviews transactions and makes recommendations regarding generally accepted Accounting Principles.
What qualification you will need:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration with emphasis on accounting required
- CPA license preferred
- Experience in mainframe accounting systems and PC based systems required
- Minimum of three (3) years of healthcare experience with two (2) years in a supervisory capacity required
HCA Healthcare ranks on Fortune’s list of Most Admired Companies for three consecutive years and HCA ranks 63rd on the fortune 500 list. In addition, Ethisphere named HCA as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies. We want you to join our tradition of excellence. Intrigued? We’d love to hear from you.
If you find this opportunity compelling, we encourage you to apply. We promptly review all applications. If you are highly qualified, you will hear from one of our recruiters. We are actively interviewing so apply today!