TaskForce builds capacity and community for the most influential nonprofits, brands, and people taking on the most pressing challenges facing our state, our nation, and our world. TaskForce works primarily at the intersection of arts, culture, and social change, and our work has resulted in some of the most highly acclaimed and influential public will campaigns of our time. In 2020, TaskForce launched the Into Action Lab, an initiative focused on organic content (GIFs, Memes, and ‘Art Interventions’). In under 10 months, the Into Action lab has seen over 45 billion organic views and 101 million shares and distributes content freely to over 200 leading progressive organizations and influencers.
People of color, women, LGBTQ+ individuals and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply. TaskForce is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, physical or mental disability, or any other status protected by applicable law. If you require accommodations at any point during the application process please email email@example.com.
About This Role
TaskForce seeks curious, collaboration-oriented Meme Freelancers who will be responsible for progressively minded meme creation and distribution. Familiarity with meme-making and comfort in diverse social media and digital communities is a necessity in this role. Flexible hours and time commitment with freelancers taking on as much work as fit their schedule.
Applicants are required to submit a portfolio with a minimum of five memes.
Compensation: Rates up to $25 per meme, or $1,500 per month with sufficient volume. Payment in USD.
- Identify memeable moments and topics in digital communities responsive to audience goals.
- Produce memes to effectively deliver assigned messages to identified audiences
- Post memes and log content delivery to track performance over time
- Engage with the broader meme community to stay on trend, identifying new approaches that can drive increased engagement and success in our work.
- Strong meme-making skills with an understanding of formats, tone, and audience
- Invested in TaskForce’s vision and mission for positive change through arts and culture
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, to take direction, to receive feedback, and to execute tasks accordingly
- Voting and civic engagement experience is a plus