As host/hostess, you will be the conductor of the orchestra that is service. You are the first impression of the restaurant and set the tone for guests’ experiences. You will answer phones, take reservations, and be responsible for seating guests according to server and table availability. Your attention to detail and communication are critically important. You are also the last note of the experience, and will wish guests farewell and invite them to come back.
Responsibilities of the Host/Hostess:
- Greet all guests upon arrival with a smile
- Seat guests and accommodate special requests
- Manage wait list; record guest names and number in party, and provide estimated waiting time
- Answer phones
- Manage the restaurant reservation system
- Inspect tables for proper presentation and completeness