- As a full-stack JAVA Software Engineer you will be helping us develop re-usable components that will be used in the generation of documents through our OpenText vendor.
- Come join Allstate’s Enterprise Document Generation team.
- Allstate’s goal is to create all outbound document communication on a single platform as a service to the many Allstate teams that need to send out communications.
- Additionally, we want to be a one stop shop for our partners so they will not need to invest in learning about this technology.
- We want to offer what we build as a black box service to all business partners within the Allstate community.
- You will be responsible for keeping our many document generation applications up and running effectively.
- Create and update technical documentations using high level technical specification documents. Provides support for product in test environments.
- Other responsibilities include enhancement, performance tuning and support of existing applications
- Create unit test plans and conduct unit testing accordingly.
- Participates in planning sessions, backlog refinement, estimation and works directly with the PO to understand business needs.
- Leads and participates in knowledge sharing and contributes to the overall growth of the team and larger development community.
- Participates in daily product stand up meetings.
- Coordinate and work with offshore resources for application development and testing. Understanding integration of applications with internal and external systems.
- Participates in sprint/release retrospectives.
- Create Technical Agile stories to facilitate.
- Refactor or reduce technical debt. Works with architecture team to help define the architectural patterns and designs being used; leads the effort to identify different technology options to meet the customer needs
- Collaborates and strategizes with integration partners and other product teams to understand requirements and customer needs.
- Works with Production Support to ensure appropriate operational readiness before go-live and assists as needed for complex production issues.
- Supports root cause analysis with other members of the teams to understand, resolve and help prevent the recurrence of a problems.
- Works closely with test engineers to support testing of the solution Ensures that code reviews are complete to meet quality standards; reviews and confirms that security standards are being maintained and evolving to meet the growing security risks.
- Establishes and maintains continuous integration, continuous delivery, and continuous deployment pipelines and practices working with the Build Engineer.
- Utilize agile stories and designs to develop accurate, defect-free code.
- 5+ years technology development and implementation experience. (Preferred) 5 years of full-stack Java application development experience.
- Knowledge of Agile methodologies (especially Agile Scurm), and test-driven development Github Appfabric Spring Framework ReactJS or node.js Oracle Java Preferred – Integration with OT Document Generation (i.e. Exstream, Liquid Office, Communication Server, Content Author, etc.)
- The minimum salary for this position is $68,800.
- The salary offered will be commensurate with experience.
The right candidate offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which will include a drug screen.
Allstate, as a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that’s just the beginning.
Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k).
Plus, you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life — including a generous paid time off policy. For a full description of Allstate’s benefits, visit allstate.jobs/benefits/